Designer: Yetta White
SmallRig Camera Cage Kit for Sony A6500 2097
SmallRig Camera Cage Kit 2097 includes Camera Cage 1889 and Wooden Handgrip 1970. It offers lots of additional attachment options and enables the camera to release its potential to the utmost as per the needs of the cameraman during shooting.
1. The cage is exclusively designed for Sony A6500 and blocks no access to the ports, bottoms, and controls of the camera. The cage comes with an abundance of 1/4’’-20 threaded holes for DIY operations.
2. The handgrip is ergonomically designed thus feels very comfortable.
3. The cage comes with Arca Swiss QR plate at the bottom to drop in to Arca Baseplate 1934 directly, and it features quick release and attachment.
4. Cold shoe on the cage could be mounted with flashlight, microphone or LED light.
5. The cage is equipped with an Arri locating point for Magic Arm 2026 and then monitor. Meanwhile, NATO rail on the side of the cage could be mounted with NATO Clamp to Arri Rosette 2046 and then Right Side Wooden Grip with Arri Rosette 1941 for a very comfortable gripping experience during shooting.
SmallRig A6500 Cage 1889 fits the camera perfectly and locks the camera via 1/4'' screw at the bottom and a M2.5 screw on the right side. It is equipped with NATO rail on the top for NATO Handle 1955 for handheld shooting and is compatible with XLR adapter, and its integrated cold shoe could attach Magic Arm 1497 for the monitor. The NATO rail on the right side could attach EVF Mount 1594 for the monitor, and 1/4’’ threaded holes on the left side could be attached with HDMI Lock to protect HDMI cable.
Wooden Handgrip 1970 is secured in place with three M4 screws. It is ergonomically designed and feels good. It prevents your hand from feeling uncomfortable due to battery overheating.
1 x A6500 Cage 1889
1 x Wooden Handgrip 1970
3 x M4 Screw
2 x Hex Spanner
1 x M2.5 Screw
Product Dimensions: 138x67.5x84.5 mm
Net Weight: 185g
Package Size: 183x100x60 mm
Material(s): Aluminum Alloy / Wood
By itself, the A6500 felt very vulnerable to the environment and my clumsiness so this cage was a no brainer. The wooden grip adds a sense of warmth to the usually lifeless camera body and the cage itself has an unlimited amount of uses! 100% recommend this cage to anyone with an A6500
Beautiful and fits my A6500 like a silky glove.
The finish is perfect and gave something unique to my camera....