SmallRig Mounting Bracket for Teradek Bolt Receivers 2107
1. Use to mount a Teradek Bolt Receiver to the monitor cage.
2. 1/4" and Arri 3/8" threaded holes for accessories.
3. Consist of two parts and locked by a thumbscrew to make it quick releasable.
SmallRig Mounting Bracket for Teradek Bolt Receivers 2107 is used to mount the Teradek Bolt Receiver to a monitor cage. The bracket consists of two parts to make it quick releasable, there are many 1/4" threaded holes and one Arri 3/8" hole each part for mounting accessories. You can also mount a magic arm to the bottom of the bracket to hold the receiver. It is compatible with the battery plate 1846 and 1530 for a battery to power the monitor and Bolt Receiver.
Designer: Hanks Zhan
All Bolt Receivers (300, 500, 600, 1000, 2000, 3000)
Customer test: Also compatible with Vaxis Storm 500+ and Paralinx ACE receiver and transmitter
1 x Bracket
6 x 1/4" Screw
2 x 4-40 Screw
2 x Hex Spanner
Product Dimensions: 106 x 24 x 20mm
Net Weight: 108g
Material(s): Aluminum Alloy
*Please note the import tax may occur.
This is a really useful product, instantly gives you so many more ways of mounting a Teradek to your camera or monitor.
But it could be improved hugely by making 2 changes:
1. Make the quick release carriage reversible. So many times, I have wanted to flip the Teradek so that the cabling points in the other direction, but it's not possible based on the current design. Seems like it would be easy enough to do.
2. Make the receiver plate wider, so that it sits flush with the Teradek on both sides. Again, this would allow you to bolt the receiver plate onto your camera from either side, flipping the direction of the Teradek cabling. But because the rear plate underhangs on one side, it can only be bolted in from one direction.
I purchased 3 of these on pre-sale and they have worked out super well with my Teradek kit. My one issue with these, and it's a big one, is that the quick-release mechanism is different on either side of the plate. That is, it is not universal and it cannot be flipped. So you are stuck with mounting it one way, and then having it lock one direction. It's such a simple fix (making both the quick-release notch the same on both sides) that it bothers me it wasn't figured out during testing. This simple fix would make this a 5-star item. That said, I own 3 and will still be purchasing at least one more. So I can still recommend them. SmallRig makes excellent quality rigging tools, this one just missed the mark in a crucial way, and I'd like to keep holding SR to the highest standard because the rest of their gear is. :)
Mounting bracket serves as an adapter to mount Teradek bolt receiver to a monitor cage. It features quick release and attachment. It comes with multiple 1/4¡±-20 threaded holes and Arri locating points for external mountings. Not bad!