SmallRig Left Side Grip for L-Bracket 2218
1. Fits left hand well and enhances grip comfort;
2. Allows quick switch between stills-shooting and video-shooting;
3. Provides three types of mounting points making video-shooting possible;
4. Protects and manages cables.
SmallRig Left Side Grip for L-Bracket 2218 is a universal left grip designed to work with the baseplate of SmallRig L-Brackets. As an alternative to the side plate, it offers L-bracket users a possibility to shoot videos. The grip threads into the baseplate through two M4 screws. On the top of the grip is a cold shoe allowing the mount of a microphone or a monitor. It also comes with two 1/4” threaded holes and one Arri locating hole so that a magic arm can be attached. Besides, the grip comes with an M4 spanner allowing users to mount and dismount the grip with ease.
Designer: Bill Wang
1. The left side grip works with the baseplate as an alternative to the side plate.
2. For certain baseplates, it might be difficult to plug in cables with the left side grip on. Under those circumstances, it is suggested that the left grip be attached after plugged in cables.
1 x Left side grip
2 x M4 screws
Product dimensions：90 x 68.8 x 30mm
Package dimensions：135 x 100 x 50mm
Product weight: 165g
Package weight：204 g
This grip is solid and very well made. It feels good in my hand when I use it and comes off easy with two screws that are easy to access because of the allen wrench stored in the handle itself.
This is just what I want, I'm sure it is 5 star. Do the mounting screws go through slots to use with a different center to center distance (of the taps) in the base plate?
I love this product. While not a necessary accessory, it really works well and adds stability. You should note to use this handle you must remove the side bracket. This means you cannot put the camera on the ARCA tripod head in the portrait position. Not a big deal for most.
I am biased since i was involved in the co-design (always fun) but it does what i wanted and the design team added some small parts i didn't think about ! Only tested and reviewed it for sony on the 2122 l-bracket. As always use with care first time to make sure your connectors and cables are safe (like doing any rig) but i really feel this is a step forward for hybrid shooters. Used in combo with smallhd focus and rode wireless mic / rode micro ... very clean setup no wires in sight !